TOGAF® Training Program-Combined – 4 Days (English)
The Open Group’s IT Architect Certification program sets an industry standard for IT Architects. TOGAF® 9.1 features significant enhancements to key capabilities of the framework and includes new materials detailing how the Architecture Development Method (ADM) can be applied to specific situations, such as service-oriented architecture (SOA) and security architecture.
This certification is useful for Enterprise Architects, Enterprise Architecture Program Owners and Managers, IT Service Providers and tool vendors, business managers and business process owners.
This course introduces topics such as: TOGAF Architecture Development Method, Architecture guidelines, principles and techniques, Architecture Content Framework, Requirements engineering, Architecture Maturity Assessments, Architecture Skills Framework, Enterprise Architecture Governance, Enterprise Continuum and Architecture Repository, TOGAF TRM and III-RM Reference Models, Organization Architecture Capability, Business Transformation Readiness, using TOGAF® 9.1 to develop Security Architectures and the TOGAF Capability Framework.
The target group for this program is:
Program Content & Objectives
Through a series of lectures, group work and practical exercises designed at achieving a clear understanding of the TOGAF® 9.1; the course prepares participants for:
- The adoption of the TOGAF® 9.1 framework.
- The implementation of the TOGAF® 9.1 framework and associated processes; participants will engage in group exercises to discuss and practice the following elements as well as their input, output and considerations:
- TOGAF Architecture Development Method.
- Architecture guidelines, principals and techniques.
- Architecture Content Framework.
- Enterprise Continuum and Architecture Repository.
- TOGAF TRM and III-RM Reference Models.
- TOGAF Capability Framework.
- The preparation of TOGAF®1 Combined Certificate examination.
Assignments throughout our courses emphasize a team-based approach to architecture. Each course participant gains practical experience facilitating and practicing the ADM approach.
- An integrated case study based on a real-life system
- Working in small teams, course participants will work together on each of the TOGAF parts and ADM phases from Preliminary to Change Management, including the preparation for architecture work and the collection of business and architecture requirements. The work will be based on sample case study or on the client organization as the case study.
- The approach is presented in an easy-to-follow step-by-step architecture method.
- Each step is introduced and demonstrated by the instructor. Course participants follow by actively participating in the work.
Most course providers organize their Enterprise Architecture course content by a presentation that places more emphasis on theory than practice. Our approach is to walk through an organized and chronological approach. The result is a much more effective training experience that can be readily applied on-the-job.
Comprehensive printed and electronic material including valuable templates, the TOGAF® 9.1 book and additional documentation.
The Course Covers
- The business rationale for Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF® 9.1
- The TOGAF® 9.1 Architecture Development Method and its deliverables, including Business, Data,
- Applications (IS) and Technology Architecture domains
- The Enterprise Continuum and its sub-sets
- Enterprise Architecture Governance
- Architecture Principles
- Architecture Views and Viewpoints
- Requirements Engineering using Business Scenarios
- Architecture Maturity Assessments
- Architecture Skills Framework
- An Introduction to Building Blocks
- Organization Architecture Capability
- Architecture Partitioning
- Content Framework and Meta Model
- Capability Based Planning
- Business Transformation Readiness
- Using TOGAF® 9.1 to develop Security Architectures
- Architecture Repository
- Using TOGAF® 9.1 to develop SOAs
TOGAF® 9.1 features significant enhancements to key capabilities of the framework and includes new materials that details how the Architecture Development Method (ADM) can be applied to specific situations, such as service-oriented architecture (SOA) and security architecture.
The examination for the combined certification is not included in this course, unless requested by the client at extra cost.