Organizational Change Management (OCM) – Practitioner Certificate Program – 2 days
The purpose of the Practitioner certificate program is to ensure the candidate has sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor Change Management process and function in a given organizational change situation. As a successful Practitioner, candidate will be able to start applying the Change Management approaches and techniques to a real change initiative.
The Change Management Foundation level certification is prerequisite for this program.
This program is offered over a 5-day period where it combines theoretical and hands-on knowledge transfer, including individual and group practical exercises. The Minimum number of students per session is 6 where the maximum is 18.
- This five (5) days classroom training course with examination held on the afternoon of the 5th day is accredited by the examinations institute.
- The course includes approximately 30 hours of student-instructor interaction, a sample and a formal examination.
- The format of the examination consists of a closed book paper of 8 multiple choice complex questions, to be answered within 90 minutes. (Candidates sitting the examination in English and who do not have English as their first language will be allowed additional 30 minutes to allow use of a dictionary). The pass mark will be 70% or more – 28 or more correct answers.
This qualification is aimed at change managers and aspiring change managers. It also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of change programs, including: change leaders (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), change ‘agents’ (e.g. Business Change Managers), change implementers (e.g. Program Managers), change support (e.g. Program Office) and operational line managers/staff.
This certification, fully aligned with the change management body of knowledge, and based on the new core guide – ‘The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook’. The new syllabus samples a wide range of knowledge of the theory and practice of change management at an advanced level, including:
- change and the individual
- change and the organization
- communication and stakeholder engagement, and
- change practice
The program will introduce the models and concepts outlined in the Course Text to enable course participants to understand ‘real world’ change processes, to offer relevant insights and ideas which can aid decision-taking, and assist in evaluating options. Specifically, he should be able to:
- Identify the organizational drivers of a change initiative and the links that initiative has with any governance structures (e.g. strategic, program or project governance)
- Use a range of organization paradigms to understand, support and sustain change processes, taking account of the culture of the organization
- Apply an appropriate process framework to help plan or understand any particular organizational change
- Establish a clear framework of roles, skills and activities through which leaders from different levels can support and sustain the change process
- Contribute effectively to preparation for a change initiative, including building the change team, offering insights which improve team effectiveness
- Offer relevant insights in discussions about how to prepare people for change, including planning for learning and motivational issues relevant to different roles and types of people
- Help colleagues understand the difference between organization change and the human impact of transition, and suggest practical leadership actions at different stages of a change
- Support the identification and mapping of stakeholders in a change process and help develop approaches to build and maintain stakeholder engagement
- Draft the communications plan for a change initiative, taking proper account of the various stakeholders and of an appropriate range of communication channels
- Recognize signs of resistance to change and propose actions to mitigate it
- Propose a range of levers by which a change can be sustained and become embedded in the organization
- Instructor led Classroom based
- Virtual Web based
Simulation and Practical Application
We provide the students with real life experiences; for the purpose of discussion and to show the value of using best practice.
- This training program includes the following as reference documentation:
- Program slide presentation
- Sample examination questions and answers
- It is STRONGLY recommended that course participants acquire “The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook” – ISBN 9780749473075 – Published November 2014. We could provide this book at additional cost.