Organizational Change Management (OCM) – Foundation Certificate Program – 3 days
The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of Change Management to work as an informed member of a team working on an organizational change initiative. The Foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
This qualification is aimed at individuals who are involved in change initiatives who require a working knowledge of the key principles of change management, who need to know the terminology used and some of the theory behind the practice. It is also the Introduction to the higher level Practitioner qualification and therefore includes all those who are the target audience for that qualification.
Program Content & Objectives
The program will enable the candidate to recall, recognize and demonstrate understanding of the theories, concepts, models and approaches outlined in the Course Text, including terms used, process sequences and roles involved. Specifically, he should be able to demonstrate this understanding by being able to:
- Explain how individuals are impacted by change, different ways they may respond to change situations and how learning processes help them adapt
- Contribute to development of strategies to help individuals through change, increasing motivation for change and overcoming resistance in order to achieve desired outcomes
- Offer insights on how organizations work, how the process of organizational change occurs and the typical roles that collaborate to deliver successful change
- Identify key drivers of an organization’s culture, and recognize different types of change process (e.g. planned and emergent change)
- Describe significant elements of the stakeholder engagement process in a change initiative, and relate this to appropriate communications strategies
- Discuss with colleagues the different areas of impact of a change initiative, and how momentum for that change can be built and sustained
- Outline important aspects of how to build an effective change team, and to contribute to discussions about how to improve the effectiveness of a team
- Prepare for the certification exam
The Change Management certification, fully aligned with the change management body of knowledge, and based on the new core guide – ‘The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook’. The new syllabus samples a wide range of knowledge of the theory and practice of change management including:
- change and the individual
- change and the organization
- communication and stakeholder engagement, and
- change practice
Simulation and practical application
We provide the students with real life experiences; for the purpose of discussion and to show the value of using best practice.