ITIL® 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy (DITS) – English
The ITIL® best practice provides proven guidance to support organizations on their digital transformation journey. ITIL® 4 is the next iteration that incorporates all the best from previous versions and expands on this body of knowledge, by providing a practical and flexible approach to support organizations with a focus on delivering customer outcomes and value through IT-enabled services.
ITIL® 4 provides an end-to-end operating model for the delivery and operation of tech-enabled products and services. It enables IT teams to continue to play a crucial role in wider business strategy and integrates concepts from other industry best practices such as Lean, Agile and DevOps.
The advanced-level ITIL® 4 Managing Professional and Strategic Leader courses have been developed for IT practitioners working within technology and digital teams across organizations. To obtain the ITIL® 4 IT Strategic Leader designation, the candidate needs to complete the following courses:
- ITIL® 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy
- ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct Plan and Improve
The ITIL® 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy (DITS) course provides the knowledge to enable IT and digital leaders to influence and drive strategic business decisions, by helping them to:
- Create an appropriate digital strategy aligned to wider business goals
- Understand how business and IT leaders across the globe are responding to disruption by reshaping corporate strategy, adapting processes and even repurposing entire business models.
- Explore the use of the ITIL® 4 framework to support organizations on their digital transformation journey, addressing service management challenges and utilizing new technology.
The DITS course also covers how ITIL® 4 can be integrated with emerging practices and new technologies to meet new internal and external challenges.
This is a full training package that includes the knowledge transfer as well as the associated certification exam.
Prerequisites and Certification Exam
- The candidate must have passed the ITIL® 4 Foundation certification exam OR hold the ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition certificate
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they have a minimum of three year’s managerial experience to be eligible to take ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy training
- Attendance in an accredited training course for this module and successful completion of the certificate exam
- The training includes four Case Study assignments that are graded in-session, and a multiple-choice exam to be scheduled by the student upon completion of the training session
- Candidates must pass all the Case Study assignments to take the exam. This will be confirmed to candidates by the trainer before the end of the training
- Candidates who fail to complete the Case Study assignments in-session, may be given an additional individual written assignment that is based on the same case-study
- Exam details:
- Number of questions: 30
- Duration: 60 minutes (Candidates taking the exam in a language that is not their native or working language are allowed 25% extra time, i.e. 75 minutes in total)
- Closed book – remote proctored
- Pass mark: 70% or higher – a raw score of 21 marks or above
This is a 3 day course when run as an instructor-led course, with an exam voucher issued for students to schedule their exams at a date/time/location that is convenient for them once the course has completed.
This course is intended as advanced specialized training for existing ITIL® 4 certified candidates and the following audience:
- IT and business directors, heads of department, aspiring C-Suite professionals and other senior business leaders across the organization.
- It will help strategy and digital transformation consultants (internal and external) demonstrate how IT strategy differs from digital strategy, provide guidance for integrating digital and IT strategies and promote the importance of a successful digital strategy on business success
The ITIL® 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy course learning objectives include:
- Demonstrating the use of the ITIL® guiding principles in Digital and IT Strategy decisions and activities
- Understanding how to leverage digital strategy to react to digital disruption
- Understanding the relationship between the concepts of Digital and IT Strategy, the service value system and the service value chain, and explain how to utilize them to create value
- Understanding how an organization uses Digital and IT Strategy to remain viable in environments disrupted by digital technology
- Understanding strategic approaches made possible by digital and information technology to achieve customer/market relevance and operational excellence
- Understanding the risks and opportunities of Digital and IT Strategy
- Understanding the steps and techniques involved in defining and advocating for a Digital and IT Strategy
- Understanding how to implement a Digital and IT Strategy
- Online access to the course content for a 12 month period
- Digital copy of the core guidance publication
- 4 hours of coach assistance for exercise assessment support
- Sample exam
- Certification exam voucher