ITIL® 2011 Awareness for Decision Makers – .5 Days (English)
A half-day session for Executives, Senior Management and “decision makers” who need an in-depth understanding of the values associated with service improvement initiatives based on the ITIL® Service Lifecycle Framework, and require a greater awareness of IT Service Management best practices.
This course is designed and developed to introduce Executives and senior management to the ITIL® Framework, and how it can initiate, improve or enhance internal organizational common understanding. Among other benefits, the introduction will describe the ITIL® service lifecycle Framework approach to accomplishing the following:
- Alignment of business requirements and IT capabilities
- Improve the relationship of IT processes across the organization
- Improve IT service quality across the organization
- Achieve efficient and effective delivery and support of IT services
- Improve cost efficiency and enhanced resource utilization
- Increase customer / user satisfaction
- Enhance the customer and user relationship with the IT organization
- Understand the roles and responsibility of senior management and the IT service culture
- Recognize the critical success factors in the implementation of Best Practice
This program is for Executives and Senior Management who:
Program Content & Objectives
- The program will provide Executives and Senior Management with the training to enhance their understanding of the ITIL® framework and expose its numerous benefits to an organization.
The ITIL Executive Overview Course includes:
- Introduction to ITSM and ITIL® service lifecycle models
- Overview of ISO/IEC 20000 international standard for Service Management
- The ITIL® approach to IT Service Management in achieving business objectives
- ITIL® Implementation requirements and benefits
- ITIL® Understanding how ITSM and ITIL® can help to achieve ROI
Assignments throughout our courses emphasize a team-based approach to architecture. Each course participant gains practical experience facilitating and practicing the ADM approach.