DevOps – Professional Certificate Program – 2 days
DevOps is best known in the field of software services, but the principles are applicable in all contexts where fast delivery of reliable products and services is relevant. DevOps contributes to the success of the overall organization by facilitating the synergy of Agile development, Service Management and Lean improvement while assuring security and maintaining control in a continuous delivery pipeline.
The primary purpose of this module is to test whether the candidate is familiar with DevOps practices in the Three Ways: Flow, Feedback, Learning and Experimentation. The candidate will understand the impact of these organizational and technical changes on their daily work.
This is a 2 days course with Sixteen (16) hours training course.
The EXIN DevOps Professional™ certification is meant for anyone working within a DevOps environment or in an organization that considers the transition to a DevOps way of working. The target group includes, but is not limited to:
This course enables participants to better understand “DevOps”, a contraction of ‘Development’ and ‘Operations’. DevOps is a set of best practices that emphasize the collaboration and communication of IT-professionals (developers, operators, and support staff) in the lifecycle of applications and services, leading to:
- Continuous Integration: merging all developed working copies to a shared mainline several times a day
- Continuous Deployment: release continuously or as often as possible
- Continuous Feedback: seek feedback from stakeholders during all lifecycle stages
Also, the DevOps practices covered in this certification are established around the knowledge associated with DevOps Three Ways:
- The First Way is to enable the work to move fast from left to right, from Development to Operations to the customer.
- The Second Way is to enable feedback to go fast from right to left, from all stakeholders back into the value stream.
- The Third Way is to enable learning by creating a high-trust culture of experimentation and risk-taking.
Moreover, the crucial subjects of security in all stages, and maintaining compliance during change are covered.
- Learner Manual, including a printed copy of the instructor presentation (excellent post-class reference)
- Sample exam
- Students should acquire, at their own cost, the DevOps Handbook: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, and Security in Technology Organizations
- Gene Kim, Jez Humble, Patrick Debois, John Willis
- ISBN-10: 1942788002
- ISBN-13: 978-1942788003
- IT Revolution Press; 1 edition (2016)
- Instructor led Classroom environment at a maximum of 25 students per session
- Virtual Web-based
- Self-Paced using our Learning Management System