DevOps – Foundation Certificate Program – 2 days
This course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster.
- Sixteen (16) hours training course. Web based exam vouchers are provided; participants can schedule exam at their leisure.
- Exam is 60 minutes, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, successfully passing (65%) the exam leads to the DevOps Foundation Certificate. The certification is governed, administered and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
- The DevOps Foundation Certificate will be the pre-requisite for future DevOps certification courses.
- Instructor led Classroom environment at a maximum of 25 students per session
- Virtual Web-based
- Completion of pre-class assignment
- Familiarity with IT and IT service management is recommended
The target audience for the Foundation qualification are Management, Operations, Developers, QA, Testing, Service Management.
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of DevOps principles
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile Service Design Environment
- The following IT roles:
- DevOps Engineers
- Integration Specialists
- Operations Managers
- System Administrators
- Network Administrators
- Project Managers
- Business Managers
- Automation Architects
- Application Developer / Software Programmer
- Software Tester / QA
- Business (Requirements) Analyst
The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an understanding of:
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business
- Concepts and practices — including its relationship to Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Improved workflows
- Improved communication and feedback loops
- Reliance on automation
- Applying DevOps in an enterprise environment
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
The candidate will be guided to understand:
- Basic concepts
- Value of DevOps
- Organizational consideration
- Key principles and terminology
- Relationship to other frameworks
Program Material (handout)
DevOps – The Basics (pre-class resource)
Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
Access to additional sources of information and communities
Simulation and practical application
We provide the students with real life experiences; for the purpose of discussion and to show the value of using best practice.