TOGAF® Training Program-Part 1 (English) - (2 Days)
The Open Group's IT Architect Certification program is the premier, global certification program for certifying skills and experience in the IT architecture community. Based on the proven best practices in the industry, it sets an independent, industry-wide standard for IT Architects and creates a foundation for trust between suppliers and customers.
The program enables organizations to standardize on open method for IT architecture and avoid a lock-in to the proprietary methods of different consulting firms. Customers can base their IT architecture on an open, industry standard method, which works with all major frameworks, and can procure tools, training, and the services of consultants (individuals and integrators) with confidence, on the basis of certified conformance with TOGAF® standards. For service providers and tool vendors, the certification provides a vehicle to clearly demonstrate that their services and products support and use the methodology and product sets that TOGAF® certifies.
The purpose of certification to TOGAF® Training Program-Part 1 (English), known as TOGAF® 9 Foundation, is to provide validation that the Candidate has gained knowledge of the terminology, structure, and basic concepts of TOGAF® 9, and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF®.
The learning objectives at this level focus on knowledge and comprehension.
- Instructor led Classroom environment
- Virtual Web based
The target group for this program is:
- Individuals who require a solid understanding of "The Open Group Architecture Framework" (TOGAF®), associated phases and processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT Service Management within an organization.
- Executive and Senior Management
- Enterprise Architecture Program Owner and Managers
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of TOGAF® 9
- Professionals who are working in roles associated with an architecture project such as those responsible for planning, execution, development, delivery, and operation
- Architects who are looking for a first introduction to TOGAF® 9
- Architects who want to achieve Level 2 certification
There are no formal prerequisites for this program or for the TOGAF® 9 Foundation Exam. However, it is recommended that course participants possess generic understanding of ITSM best practices and Enterprise Architecture.
Through a series of lectures designed at achieving a clear understanding of the TOGAF® 9, this Level 1 TOGAF® course covers all the preparation you need for TOGAF® 9 Foundation level.
TOGAF® 9 features significant enhancements to key capabilities of the framework. TOGAF® 9 includes new materials that show in detail how the Architecture Development Method (ADM) can be applied to specific situations, such as service-oriented architecture (SOA) and security architecture.
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- The basic concepts of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF®
- The core concepts of TOGAF® 9
- The key terminology of TOGAF® 9
- The ADM cycle and the objectives of each phase, and how to adapt and scope the ADM
- The concept of the Enterprise Continuum; its purpose and constituent parts
- How each of the ADM phases contributes to the success of enterprise architecture
- The ADM guidelines and techniques
- How Architecture Governance contributes to the Architecture Development Cycle
- The concepts of views and viewpoints and their role in communicating with stakeholders
- The concept of building blocks
- The key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- The TOGAF® reference models
- TOGAF® Training Program-Part 1
- Pearson Vue examination voucher is included in the course fee.
- Certification is only achieved by passing the examination.
- Examination Name TOGAF® 9 Part 1
- Examination Type Multiple-choice examination
- 40 questions/60 minutes
- Supervised YES
- Open Book NO
- Examination Delivery Option - Pearson Vue Test Centers
The program includes the following program material:
- Our Student binder
- TOGAF® pocket guide (if/when requested by the client at additional cost)
- Additional TOGAF® related documentation and reference material, and valuable templates.