PMP Express Workshop - (5 Days)
PMP® Express (Based on the PMBOK® Guide, 4th Edition).
- Instructor led Classroom environment
The target student for this workshop is a project manager beginning to prepare for the PMP® certification exam or one who wants a capstone for preparation.
Concepts and Practice of Project Management or equivalent project management experience.
The goals of this workshop are to:
- Prepare participants to successfully take the PMP® exam
- Introduce participants to the methods and tools of project management contained within the PMBOK® Guide, 4th Edition
- Provide students with ample opportunities to assess their readiness for the exam with module quizzes and a sample exam.
This workshop has a primary and a secondary goal. The primary goal is to prepare participants to successfully complete the examination required for earning the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification. For those who attend the entire workshop, it meets the requirements for the 35 hours of contact education required for registering for the PMP® exam.
Some participants may use this workshop as the beginning of their preparation and may plan to take the examination at some distant point in the future. Others will use this workshop as a capstone experience and take the examination soon after the workshop. (Some training providers have an audit policy that may allow you to do both.)
The secondary goal of this workshop is to give participants a rapid, in - depth exposure to the project management processes defined by the PMBOK® Guide. The workshop has been designed to work either way.
This workshop principally focuses on the materials included in the PMBOK® Guide, Fourth Edition, which is the principal source of questions on the PMP® exam. It also includes materials from other authoritative sources of project management literature, which are also tested on the exam.
Because this workshop is intended to prepare you to successfully take the exam, the flow of the course is directed toward that end. At the close of every module, there will be a quiz that tests your retention of the materials in the module. Those quiz questions are not as difficult as PMP® exam questions. On the last day of class, a 100 - question practice exam will be administered to test your readiness to take the exam. Those questions are similar in difficulty to PMP® exam questions. You are not required to share your results on either the quizzes or the Friday sample exam or achieve a particular score in order to get credit for this workshop. The test and the quizzes are there to help you learn and assess your progress.
Because adults learn best by doing, this workshop will employ a case study that well refer to and work with throughout beginning this afternoon. Its entertaining and, by the time were through, well have developed an extensive project plan for it and applied many of the tools well learn to it.
The instructors for this workshop are PMPs with years of experience in project management and in preparing students to take the PMP® exam. Please engage with them, ask questions, and share your concerns with them. They are here to help you become a PMP®.
It should be noted that this version of the PMBOK® Guide is far more focused on meeting and managing customer requirements, making tough project tradeoffs, operating in an open systems model, and tailoring the method to the project than earlier versions. As a result, exam questions and appropriate responses to exam questions may change considerably from prior exams. Those intending to take the PMP® should not assume that preparation using earlier editions is adequate for successful completion of the current exam (the current exam that was effective on July 1, 2009).
- Module 1: Introduction to the workshop
- Module 2: The PMP® exam
- Module 3: The Project Management Framework
- Module 4: Project Management Processes and Knowledge Areas
- Module 5: Project Integration Management
- Module 6: Project Scope Management
- Module 7: Project Time Management
- Module 8: Project Cost Management and PMP® Exam Mathematics
- Module 9: Project Quality Management
- Module 10: Project Human Resource Management and Other Management Concepts
- Module 11: Project Communications Management
- Module 12: Project Risk Management
- Module 13: Project Procurement Management
- Module 14: Professional Responsibility
- Module 15: Review
- Module 16: Sample Exam and Wrap - up
A printed copy of the student manual will be distributed to the participants.